The team comprises international and local experience with the right mix of technical, management and financial skills to implement the project:
- Andile Mgweba – CEO – Andile is a Digital Technologies entrepreneur and founding shareholder of Africanopy Company (Proprietary) Ltd. Andile graduated from the University of Cape Town with a Bachelor of Arts. He further obtained post graduate Diploma in Telecommunications Management at the Commonwealth Telecommunications Organisation and the Post graduate Certificates in Information Systems Management (University of Cape Town) and Digital Transformation and Digital Government (International Telecommunications Union).
- Shakes Motsilili – Co-founder and government liaison – Respected venture capitalist and Co-founder of Africa New Energies, Shakes brings financial savvy to the organization as a qualified actuary and former head of Momentum’s fund administration department.
- Chris Dorrington – COO – respected project manager who has rolled out some of the most complex medical IT systems in Africa on time and on budget
- Thabiso Sekhoto – Last mile hardware development – innovation engineer who created Standard Bank Blue mobile payments application, is designing a smart-ATM and has designed telemetry systems with temperature, mobile
- Brendon Raw – software development – before returning to Southern Africa, Brendon was regarded as one of London’s leading rapid application developers. Since returning, he has developed a new cloud-based electricity smart meter.